Chiropractic Care for Morton's Neuroma
At Advanced Pain Relief, we know your daily lifestyle can have long-lasting effects on your entire body. Our chiropractor focuses on the whole body, not just the spine, and your feet are especially sensitive to the stress of everyday movement. That’s why we offer chiropractic treatments for Morton’s Neuroma, among other common foot conditions. Learn more about this diagnosis and our chiropractor’s personalized treatment options.
What is Morton's Neuroma?
Essentially, this foot condition is defined by the thickening of tissue in your foot. When this tissue thickens around nerves that lead to your toes, it causes pain in the ball of your foot due to tightening of the ligaments and nerves.
Symptoms of Morton's Neuroma
While Morton's Neuroma is a common and easy-to-diagnose condition, it will lead to long-lasting pain and stress if you don’t seek treatment. Here are a few common symptoms of Morton’s Neuroma, which are good signs you should seek a chiropractor:
- Pain in the ball of your foot
- Pain that radiates into your toes
- Sensation of a pebble inside your shoe
- Numb toes
- Tingling sensation in your toes
Common Causes of Morton's Neuroma
So, what causes this aggravating condition? Some lifestyle choices increase your risk of Morton’s Neuroma, but other risk factors cannot be helped. Here are some of the most common causes of Morton’s Neuroma:
- High heels and ill-fitting shoes – Do you wear shoes that put extra pressure on the ball of your foot and your toes?
- Foot conditions – Do you already have bunions or hammertoes?
- Unusual shape – Both high arches and flat arches may increase your risk of this condition, in part because shoes put unnatural pressure on your feet
- High-impact sports – Do you run, jog, ski, climb, or participate in any other sport that puts constant pressure on your feet?
How Our Chiropractor Treats Morton's Neuroma
At Advanced Pain Relief, our goal is always to relieve your pain and prevent it from coming back again. Your chiropractor may recommend a spinal adjustment to correct your posture and reduce some of the unnecessary pressure on your feet. We may also refer you to one of our massage therapists to help reduce the inflammation of your foot tissue, or a kinesiologist who can guide you through exercises that loosen the tissue. If your lifestyle or wardrobe is the cause of your Morton's Neuroma, our chiropractor will even help you make gradual adjustments, such as orthopedic supports for your shoes and gear.
Schedule an Appointment in Owen Sound or Kitchener
If you need relief from Morton’s Neuroma, schedule an appointment with our chiropractor today. We are committed to getting to the bottom of your condition, and restoring your mobility and wellness for the future. Call 519-376-9355 to schedule an appointment in Owen Sound, or call 519-885-3500 to make an appointment at our Kitchener-Waterloo clinic.